I thought I would share with you some of the great web sites I've relied on over the past several years. I hope you will find them as helpful as I have.
- SafeFetus.com - This was so wonderful resource when I was pregnant. It's an enormous database of medications, and how they are graded for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Kellymom - Great resource for breastfeeding and parenting.
- Baby 411 and Toddler 411 Developmental Checklists. - I love these checklists because they show age ranges.
- Family Watchdog - A searchable database on sex offenders.
- Skin Deep Cosmetic Database - This database lists detailed information about the substances in health and beauty products, and rates their toxicity.
- HealthyToys.org - A guide to toxic chemicals in toys. Also contains a database of the results of hundreds of toys and baby products tested for lead, bromine, cadmium, chlorine, arsenic and mercury.
- Kids-In-Mind - This is great site for parents who want more information about the movies their children are seeing than the rating system can provide. Movies are broken down by three categories: sex/nudity, violence/gore, and profanity. Ratings are given for each, but the really useful part is the detailed information they provide about the movie under each category.
- Car-Safety.org - This site contains a wealth of information on vehicle and car seat safety.