These are pretty expensive new, and really easy to make, so it just makes sense to do it yourself. Dollar store wooden frames work great! I used one of my daughters old sweaters, but the other two I got for really cheap at a consignment store.
What you'll need:
- 5X7 wood frames
- Needle nose pliers
- Infant clothing - 3 or 6 months - with zippers, buttons and/or snaps
- Chip clips or clothespins
- Staple gun and staples (approx 1/4 inch)
- Remove the glass and backing from the frames.
- Using the pliers, carefully remove the metal tabs from the frames.
- Fit the clothing over the frames and lay them button side down.
- Bunch up the excess clothing in the back, and secure it with chip clips or clothes pins. (Don't pull to tight or the buttons will be difficult to manipulate)
- Staple the clothing onto the frame leaving at least and 1 to 1 1/2 inches between staples.
- Remove the chip clips and fold the excess material so it lays flat. Staple it to the frame using the spaces between the first set of staples.