I am so excited to have been nominated for my first award! Thank you to Daily Messes for this nomination. Please check out her blog. It's full of super-cool ideas and activities to do with kids.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say "you're doing a great job". It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You're not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
All about me:
- I stick my tongue out - Michael Jordan style - whenever I put on makeup.
- I am not a geek, but I have geekish tendencies. For example: I love Star Trek (Next Generation thank you), but you won't find me at some convention dressed up like Diana Troy.
- I took singing lessons for 4 years, sung in theater productions (youth theater) and even some competitions - though I never won anything. And now, I sing a mean twinkle, twinkle little star.
- I hate personalized license plates, I hate personalized license plates, and let me repeat I freaking hate personalized license plates. If you have a personalized license plate, I'm sorry, but you're lame.
- I love both cats and dogs, but hate pretty-much all other pets: rabbits, ferrets, birds, hamsters, snakes, you name it! If I can't let it outside to poop, I don't want it in my house. (Unless it's toilet trained, of course).
- I think I'm funny. My husband disagrees. He's wrong.
- I own probably 30 pairs of nice shoes, but all I ever wear are Birkenstocks. In the winter, I wear them with socks.
- I am a Pepsi junkie. I know it's awful for my teeth. I know it's unhealthy, I know it will make me fat.. but it tastes so good!
- I've been with my husband for 14 years and I still think he's hot.
- I write dark fantasy fiction. I'm pretty sure the reason my mom doesn't like to read my stories is because they make her worry that I might be mentally deranged.
- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
These are the questions I was asked:
1. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. Not because of the candy, but for the costumes.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Tiramisu - Italian for "Holy crap that's good!"
3. What is your favorite animal? Elephants. Cause they're just cool.
4. Summer, Spring, Fall or Winter? Spring! I love the flowers although my allergies do not.
5. Tube tops or cardigans? Neither. I'm a t-shirt kind of girl.
6. Twilight or Shades of Grey? I haven't read Shades of Grey yet, but will vote for it after reading Twilight
7. What motivates you? My self-loathing
8. What book are you reading? I am taking a very long hiatus from Dance of Dragons (George R.R. Martin) I've just been too busy to read.
9. Can blogging save the world, stop global warming and ... ? teach me how to make cute little hair barrettes for my daughter
10. If 'can't' and 'have to' get into a fight who wins? "Have to."
11. Warm and fuzzy or sleek and shiny? Warm and Fuzzy. Definitely!
Here are my Nominees (Please check them out!):
Oh So Amelia - Here baby girl is adorable and she makes the cutest stuff
A Mrs. in the Making - I love her pinterest experiments
An Organic Wife - Great blog about living green and healthy
The Unlikely Homeschool - This blog has so many awesome educational activities
Wine and Glue - She is funny and comes up with great activities to do with kids
What's Cooking in the Burbs - Wonderful recipe blog
Hello Paper Moon - Great crafts and recipes
The Anon Bloggers - Soooo funny
The Green House - Everything related to living green and frugal
Christina's Emporium - Great crafts and recipes for kids
Children's Book Review - Great blog where books are reviewed by both the parent and the child
Alright nominees... so here are my questions:
- Beatles or Elvis?
- What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading?
- What is your favorite book?
- Name a pet peeve of yours
- Why did you start blogging?
- Cats or dogs?
- What motivates you?
- Tea or coffee?
- If you could meet any famous person (artist, writer, actor etc.) who would you choose?
- Do you do any other writing outside of your blog (i.e articles, stories books)?
- Does it annoy you that I'm asking yo to answer all of these questions? :)