This is what you'll need
- One 4 cup round coffee filter (white)
- Newspaper or wax paper
- Spray bottle
- Lay out the newspaper or wax paper and flatten the coffee filters out on top of it.
- Have your child(ren) color the coffee filter with markers - making sure they use a lot of colors.
- Once they have finished coloring their filter, have them spray it with water until the colors start to blend.(Make sure they don't spray too close - you want them to mist, not soak, it)
- Leave it on newspaper or wax paper to dry.
- Once the filters have dried, remove them from the newspaper.
- Have your child fold the filter in half, then in half again
- Next, show them how to cut the filter on all three sides, making sure to leave portions of the folded area connected.
- Unfold, and voila! Tie-dye snowflakes! :)
Variation: If you want to make these look more traditionally tie-dyed:
- Grab the center of the filter and pull the ends together like a cone.
- Tie rubber bands or twisty ties around the filter.
- Color and spray.
- Let dry.
- From this point you just follow the same directions as above.